Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How to Easily Shred Chicken

Often I am making casseroles with shredded chicken. And more often I don't want to shred the chicken so I just cube it. I would usually shred the chicken with two forks and that would take for ever! A while ago I saw somewhere on Pinterest that you could shred chicken with your mixer. Last week when I was making a chicken casserole I remembered that you could add your cooked chicken to a mixer, turn it on and it would shred your chicken. Well I tried it and it worked. I added 5 chicken breast to my Kitchen Aid mixer put in my paddle attachment and turned the mixer on 2. After about 5 minutes I had shredded chicken! Much less time than trying to shred it with a fork. (I haven't tried pork yet but I bet it would work too!)

Since the chicken was in the mixer I decided to add all of my other ingredients into the mixer as well. (The base for most of my chicken casseroles is chicken, cream of something soup, cheese and sour cream) 


Then I mixed the ingredients. Not only did I save time by using the mixer I saved my hands and arms from getting tired! 


I hope this Tip on Tuesday helps you as much as it has helped me in your casserole making! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! I'm loving this tip too! Thank you so very much for sharing the tutorial too. I wil try it asap! Dropped by from Kathe's.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never would have thought of that.. what a simple way to shred it without two forks! I am going to do this the next I make pulled pork~ Thanks so much for sharing your clever tricks with the Pink Hippo party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to remember this tip. So easy but such a time saver. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete